The gorgeous cityscape of Miami, besides its ever-popular beaches, has several other interesting sides to it. No doubt the beaches are what drive the majority of tourists to Miami. However, one should not ignore the fact that it is also a major arts, cultural, entertainment and financial center of Florida. Cheap flight to Florida means this city is easily accessible.
The city is known worldwide for the largest number of art deco buildings in the world. While museums and art galleries offer an insight into the cultural heritage of the city, a tour of the Downtown Miami Historic District offers a sentimental ride down the history lane.
- Coral Castle: If you love exploring sites and landmarks with unusual look and appeal, then go explore Coral Castle and its numerous megalithic stones. With interesting legendary tales of how the structure came into existence, you are likely to be left overwhelmed with an occult feeling.
- Ghost Hunting: Want to have a real supernatural experience? Go ghost hunting in Coconut Grove. The Ghost Tour of Coconut Grove will take you through tropical streets, and ancient hardwood hammocks in the dead of night. Spot graves, native pathways and a sacred spring along the way. Will you finally come to believe that there really are ghosts in Coconut Grove ?
- Miami Spring Break: Looking for something to get off the beaten path? Try something different this time. If you find it hard to stay away from the beaches, you can plan well to come here during Spring Break, an annual event that brings about a radical change in the partying atmosphere of the city. Join the party and have a blast.
- Everglades: How about a canoeing or kayaking experience in Everglades National Park? Explore the vast expanse of subtropical wilderness and witness crocodiles, manatees, panthers and tropical wading birds. Walking trails also exist if you like to explore on your own. If not, you can use a low-powered motorboat instead.
- Hialeah Park: It is quite unlikely that you include a trip to Hialeah Park Race Trackon a usual tour to Miami. But the place can be quite exciting and refreshing with its expansive size and beautiful surroundings. It is also one of the oldest existing recreational facilities in Florida. Moreover, here you get to see a large number of flamingoes.
- Miami Seaquarium: Although it is not a weird act to take a trip to Miami Seaquarium, you would certainly be under the grip of an unusual sense of awe upon seeing the amazing marine life. Explore the 38-acre animal wonderland, and spot animals that you have seen only on television. Age-appropriate shows double your fun with interesting facts and informative displays.
Explore the city for more attractions with bizarre features. There is no dearth of them. Those with lots of money can go to the extreme with experiences like zero gravity flights, a dinner in the sky, helicopter flights, yacht rides, and Everglades day safari. The possibilities are endless with regular flights to Miami. Ensure your save money on flight booking and use it instead for an unusual travel experience in Miami.